The Smalls is perfect for customization. Paint the stock metal. Print your own parts out of any filament you like.
Construction decisions were pragmatic, using the right fabrication tool for each job: Pristine machined aluminum, water jet 5052 and 6061 aluminum plate, and just a dollop of 3D printed parts to give it that “reprap flavor”.
Okay, so how does it print? Since this is a kit, the results are largely up to you, but make no mistake. In the hands of an experienced user (like the ones we have here at PBHQ), the Smalls can produce results comparable to the Play, Simple, or Plus.
- Model: 1704
- Build Volume (X-Y-Z): 100mm x 100mm x 130mm
- Print Resolution: 100 Microns
- Print Speed: 80mm/sec max recommended
- Filament: 1.75mm PLA (sample included)
- Extruder: Injection Molded v2 Direct Drive Extruder
- Auto Leveling: Auto-Leveling Probe works with software to calibrate Z axis height.
- Print Bed: Not heated – 1/8″ 6061 aluminum (0.3mm level tolerance)
- Belt: GT2
- Z Lead Screw: 1/4″ 16 threaded
- Pulleys: 20 tooth, dual flange GT2 aluminum
- Electronics: Printrbot Rev F5 Printrboard with microUSB connection and micro SD card slot for untethered printing
- Software: Printrbot does not provide software, but recommends Cura v15.04 – available for free download.
- Power Requirements: 12V (6 amp) laptop power supply (included)
- Motors: NEMA 17 stepper.